The Charles Maude Room, or CMR for short, is located on the east end of Abingdon School and is situated directly underneath the chapel. Please note, access to the CMR is down a series of steps.
Travelling from the North or South on the A34
1. Exit the A34 at the Abingdon (S) Marcham Interchange with the A415 and follow signs for Abingdon Town Centre.
2. Proceed for approximately one mile crossing three roundabouts after the last (double) roundabout continue for about 400m and turn left into Conduit Road.
3. At the crossroads with Park Road turn right. The main driveway to the school is on your left. The Amey Theatre is about 100m on the right of the main driveway for dropping off purposes but please note the parking situation below.
Travelling from Dorchester-on-Thames on the A415
1. Cross the river bridge over the Thames and turn second left at the Market Place into the High Street.
2. Keep to the left-hand lane and carry straight on through two sets of traffic lights following signs for Wantage, Newbury and the A34.
3. 200m past the second set of lights turn right into Conduit Road.
4. Follow step 3 above.
There is a school car park and use of this will be confirmed when the programme is published. The Charter Car Park in the centre of Abingdon is a short walk from the school but this is not advisable for evening events as some levels of the Charter Car Park close at 7.30pm. Other car parks can be found around the town centre within a ten minute walk– Civic and Cattle Market car parks in Abbey Close, West St. Helen Street car park off St. Edmund’s Lane. All of the public car parks in Abingdon are free for the first two hours during the day up to 6 p.m. and free after 6 p.m. Disabled badge holders can park for free for an unlimited period.