There are different ways for you to look at the measurements from the PM sensors.
The pupils in the photo are looking at their sensor measurements plotted on a map at the Luftdaten
Website. This video gives instructions on how to do this.
Another way is to look at graphs of the measurements at all the schools each day at this website. Here is a video showing how to use it.
This video explains how you can get weather measurements from the weather station at RAF Benson,
not far from Abingdon, if you don’t have measurements at your own school.
- Here are some ideas and questions to investigate if you choose this project, but you don’t have to do all of them and you could decide to investigate questions of your own:
- What is particulate matter and where does it come from?
- Are the measurements always higher or lower at particular times of day?
- Are the measurements always higher or lower on particular days?
- Are there similar or different patterns at other SCAMPA schools?
- Can you explain any of the patterns between different times or between schools?
- Can you explain any patterns using the weather measurements collected at your school?
Here are some places you can find out more about Particulate Matter to help with your project: