From the M4/South of Abingdon
Exit the M4 motorway at junction 13 and take the A34 northbound (signposted Oxford). Leave the A34 at the Abingdon (S) Marcham A415 interchange turn right and follow the signs for Abingdon.
1. Follow the route to Abingdon town over three roundabouts.
2. At the traffic lights turn left and go along Stratton Way, past the main bus stops.
3. For the Charter multi-storey car park keep in the right lane and at the traffic lights turn right into Stert Street. Take the next right and the car park entrance is on the right. Note this car park is not suitable if you wish to stay on until the evening most levels close at 7.30pm.
4. For the Abbey Close car parks (Civic, Cattle Market and Abbey) keep in the left lane and at the traffic lights go straight ahead into Vineyard. At the next traffic lights, just a few yards further on, turn right into Abbey Close towards Waitrose. Follow signs for the car parks.
From Dorchester-on-Thames on A415
1. Cross the bridge over the Thames and turn second left at the Market Place into the High Street.
2. Keep to the right hand lane and turn right at the second set of traffic lights into Stratton Way and continue past the main bus stops.
3. Then follow instructions 3 or 4 above.
Take the A34 southbound towards Newbury. Exit the A34 at the turning for Abingdon North and turn left at the top of the slip road.
1. Follow the signs for Abingdon centre straight across two roundabouts along Oxford Road into Vineyard.
2. For the Abbey Close car parks (Civic, Cattle Market and Abbey) keep in the left lane and at the traffic lights opposite the petrol station turn left into Abbey Close towards Waitrose. Follow signs for the car parks.
3. For the Charter multi-storey keep straight on at the traffic lights opposite the petrol station, at the next traffic lights turn left into Stert Street. Take the next right and the car park entrance is on the right. Note this car park is not suitable if you wish to stay on until the evening most levels close at 7.30pm.
There is the Charter multi-storey car park in Broad Street just off Stert Street, nearest to the Market Square.
There is more parking in the Civic and Cattle Market car parks just past Waitrose, or turn right along Abbey Close past the Guildhall and continue towards the Abbey Park and river where there is a further public car park. Additional public parking can be found in the Audlett Drive park at the other end of the Waitrose car park or via Vineyard, Radley Road and Thames View.
Just south of the Thames Bridge there are the Hales Meadow and Rye Farm car parks either side of the A415 about 5 minute’s walk from the Market Square.
The West St. Helen Street Car park can be reached via the one-way system along East St. Helen Street from the Market Square, West St. Helen Street and left into St. Edmund’s Lane.
All of the public car parks in Abingdon are free (with a ticket) for up to two hours during the day before 6 p.m. and free after 6 p.m.
Disabled badge holders can park free for an unlimited period.